[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 14:12:33 CDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On June 15, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> > One employer explained the degree expectation this way.  He said that it
> > shows you can stick something out, even when it is hard and/or
> > unreasonable (like having to take a phys ed class to get a college
> > diploma).
>
>   Hard I have no problem with.  Hell, I've been working with startup
> companies for twelve years.  Unreasonable, however, I avoid.  There's
> no excuse for it.
>
> > I personally am trying to get a degree in large part because I would like
> > to go to a research oriented grad school for awhile before really entering
> > industry.
>
>   Cool!  What sort of research will you be doing?

Something imaging related most likely.  Like, non-photorealistic rendering
would be one possibility.  Scientific visualiation would be another.

Also, process related research, like new ways to look at authoring or cad
would be interesting.

The final possible area is harder describe, but something like the MIT
Media lab.  Perhaps that is best desribed as reearching long term market
possibilities.  I don't know.  They do so much fun stuff there, plus there
is always the possibility of spinning things off to make your own
business.  MIT might be too much of a presure cooker though.  I don't
really have the grades to get in there anyway, unless I somehow seriously
impress a professor there.

--
Joshua Boyd