[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 13:42:09 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:

> One employer explained the degree expectation this way.  He said that it
> shows you can stick something out, even when it is hard and/or
> unreasonable (like having to take a phys ed class to get a college
> diploma).

i've seen too many employers ignore a degree in favor of solid
work experience
to merit wasting money on a piece of paper.

> That is why many places want you to have a degree, even if it is totally
> unrelated.

most would still rather hire an experienced person rather than a
fresh out of
the ivory tower wet behind the ears knowitall. except motorola or
ibm. they'd
hire a mushroom as long as they said they could do 'x'.

> I personally am trying to get a degree in large part because I would like
> to go to a research oriented grad school for awhile before really entering
> industry.

ah, a professional student. just beware, there are fifteen year
olds right now,
who, by the time you graduate, will have more experience than you
to put on a
resume. it's something to think about.