[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 12:27:31 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 01:18:11PM -0400, James Sharp wrote:
> Oh, and don't forget about all those wild frat parties and binge drinking
> that make college everything you've ever dreamed about.

Wild frat parties?  I was a founding father of the first national
fraternity on my college campus (Phi Lambda Chi, Sigma chapter),
and we had some parties, but nothing like "Animal House", etc.

Think the wildest thing we ever did was rappell off the back of
the 5-story Arts building (which was perfectly flat, no windows)
at 3am one night.   Ride the elevator up, go out onto the roof,
zip zip down, ride elevator back up...

Campus security drove up, we scattered into the bushes.

Rentacop comes up.  Sees rapelling lines swaying in the breeze.
Sees the 12-pack sitting on the ground at the bottom of the rope.
"Come on guys, come out of the bushes".

We all stood up.  "What are you doing here?"

"oh, a little practice"

(half the guys in the fraternity were in the climbing club or
something like that.. we all had safety gear on and were using
 proper procedures.. it wasjust the LOCATION that was strange..)

"yeah, right"

One of the stupid drunk ones spoke up.  "Hey, want a beer?"

"No.. And I didnt see you here doing this either.  Have a nice
 evening."

He drove off.

>From what I heard, they *STILL* talk about this on-campus, and
this was 1995..