[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 12:18:32 CDT 2001

On June 15, linc wrote:
> > > Linux run's great on good hardware, and Sparc's are ideal..  Anyone who
> > > says different hasn't tried it since RH4.2 or before :-)  I, myself, am
> > > dying to try the new Slackware port when it matures a little more.  Bet
> > > that will be fantastic.
> >
> > Personally, linux/sparc has never felt "stable" to me.  Always shaky
> > and a little bit funky.
>
> Ahh, but when's the last time and version you actually "felt" Linux on
> your machine?  I have RH6.2 on a Sparc 20 and you just can't kill
> it.  That and it'll run anything.

  I will say that I'm very impressed with the performance of Linux on
SPARC hardware.  I wish they'd put the same amount of effort into
optimizing their Alpha support...it's just plain SLOW.  If they
address this, a DS10 or DS20 running Linux might very well be desktop
nirvana.

  NO BASHING HERE, DAMMIT.

        -Dave McGuire