[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 12:14:57 CDT 2001

> I ran Redhat (4.2 maybe?) years ago and it wasn't stable on my dual-SM100
> 4/600 with a multiprocessor kernel, but it ran fine in uniprocessor mode.
> However, I have run more recent distributions successfully on SMP SPARCs.
> I'd guess current SuSE or Debian would be sweet. Maybe I should power up
> one of my 600 boards with the SM61s I was trying (and failing) to sell,
> put in the 4MB simms (trying and failing too), and see how it does with
> Debian 2.2r3.

Linux run's great on good hardware, and Sparc's are ideal..  Anyone who
says different hasn't tried it since RH4.2 or before :-)  I, myself, am
dying to try the new Slackware port when it matures a little more.  Bet
that will be fantastic.

-Linc.

--
  1:12pm  up 58 days,  1:10,  4 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.50, 1.52