[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 11:39:30 CDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, linc wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, James Sharp wrote:
>
> > Don't forget, Linux's idea of a "supported machine" is one that gets
> > almost to multiuser about 50% of the time.

I'd guess that if the kernel works, it's supported. I'd also guess most
people here are tired of the trolling even if linc bit bigtime on it.

I've had intel (Celeron 300 OC'ed to 375 with 128-384MB of PC66 RAM) and
sparc (SPARCclassic with 72MB of RAM) run quite nicely on Redhat 5.x for
the record. I reboot my FreeBSD machines every month just to get the new
world and kernel. I like my coffee brewed from freshly-ground beans and
cut 50/50 with cold 2% milk. And I believe in the laws of physics.

Can we get over the OS-bashing, or at least take it to
dead-horses at pop3free.com where it belongs?

Also, please consider adjusting subject headers when appropriate. The
Crays fell out of the J90 thread long ago, for example. Thanks. Buh bye.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows