[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 11:34:05 CDT 2001

  I think what James was referring to is the Linux world's penchant for
doing half of a port to a new architecture and then announcing it as
"ported to a new architecture".  They started screaming "we run on
DECstations! we run on VAX! penguin penguin penguin! blaaaahhh!!"
as soon as they had basic CPU support and bootstrap code written.  The
machine would come up, identify the CPU, probe memory, and promptly
crash.

  This was their idea of "supported".

     -Dave McGuire