[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 11:17:22 CDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Rob wrote:

> Also, in theory, these things will take anything on an MBus card, right?
> Right now, I have the Cypress CY7C605b's, but I should be able to upgrade to
> something zippier, right?  Any recommendations for someone trying to do this
> on a small to nonexistent budget?

Check out your PROM revision, and compare it with the possibilities for
your system at mbus.sunhelp.org. If you have SM100's in it now, chances
are you're running 2.5 or 2.8, which severely limits your options as far
as CPU's.

Incidentally, I am STILL looking for a PROM upgrade for my 670. If any of
you have mainboards you're not using that have PROMs later than 2.10, I'd
like to hear about it.

Dan
--
Dan Debertin