[rescue] Re: WTFO: 501-1739

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 10:15:38 CDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Dan Debertin wrote:

> > > More importantly, will the three-chip version work in the SS2?
> > > Any other common machines?  =
>
> I have several of those 3-chip SIMMs. My SS670 hates 'em. The 9-chip
> variety work fine. Perhaps those 3-chip sticks are falsely marked?

When I had my last 6x0MP running (about a year ago), it had a bank of
generic 3-chip true parity 70 or 80ns 4MB simms and it ran well (as well
as a dual SM100 system can). I also had 5 banks of 1MB 9-chip in there (1
on the main board and one on the memory expansion board) in a
configuration that a friend describes as "it's not supported but it
works."

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows