No longer (Re: [rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.)

Matthew SAMS rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 08:16:55 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu>:

>On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Matthew SAMS wrote:

>> No longer looking for NeXT software and Solbourne OS/MP 4.1C.
>> Also no longer looking for Sun 4/330 3u memory boards and
>> Solbourne series 5 cpu and memory boards and any K-bus cards. :-)
>> Although I will entertain cool NeXT software ala Mathematica.

>Did someone get new toys that they need to mention?

NeXTStep 3.3 and miscellaneous software will be flying
coach from England to my home in a few days thanks to a
friend.

The 4/330 is about to be liberated from a friend's basement.
Hence the need for memory cards. These I'm getting from a kind
soul.

The Solbourne gear is coming from the same kind soul. My 5/602
has been sitting without OS for almost a year now. I rummaged
through my pile and found tapes for 4.0D and 4.1B. Not only
will it get an OS, but series 6 cpu cards and a CG3 card.
Not many people have Solbourne gear left. For the uninitiated
the 5/600 series were 6u vme and kbus Sparc clones. But not
just any Sparc clone. They did smp before Sun. No there is
no *bsd or linux port released or planned.

-Matthew