[rescue] WTFO: 501-1739

Michael Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 00:15:05 CDT 2001

I hold in my hands two 30 pin SIMMs, both of which have similar looking
Sun barcodes on the back. The number on both begins with 501-1739.
One has three chips, the other nine. Any idea why two different types
of simm have the same part number, but function differently?

(The nine chip versions work in my SS1+ machines, the three chip kind
seems to cause the memory test to hang (Stop-A results in the "ok"
prompt))

More importantly, will the three-chip version work in the SS2?
Any other common machines?  =

TIA,
-Mike

"Never underestimate the power of a small tactical =

nuclear weapon." -Quoted from fortune on OpenBSD 2.8/SPARC