[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 17:31:24 CDT 2001

  You need to be running relatively new boot ROMs, though I don't
recall which version in particular...if you do a "printenv" at the
"ok" prompt and you see an option called "vme-loopback?" then you ROMs
are new enough.  Set that option to "yes"...multiple boards can now
coexist in the same backplane.  I've seen this done with up to four or
five 4/600 boards in a 690 chassis.

  UMD, eh?  I'm up Route 1 from you in Laurel.

           -Dave McGuire