[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Devin L. Ganger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 16:18:23 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 03:05:34PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 12:52:17PM -0700, Devin L. Ganger wrote:

> > But there's nothing inherently more soul-destroying about
> > NT/W2K than there is with Unix

> Its kinda like working for a porn site - you make good money and
> enjoy what you do, but dont want to admit it to your family or
> friends.. 8-)

<lol>

Not *quite* that bad (although I'm guessing on the porn thing, based on
my experience with ISPs in general).

There's nothing that will destroy your faith in humanity more quickly
than reading the access logs of the news server.

This is my first UNIX-only gig; the last 6 years, I've been dealing with
multiple operating systems.  Each one had its own unique challenges and
things that it was good at.  That's what I tend to enjoy most anyway --
taking all the different pieces and making them work well together.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
find / -name *base* -exec chown us:us {} \;