[rescue] This might make you smile (was THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.)

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 13:26:26 CDT 2001

> > I was heading up the eval-ing the new 1220 at Cidera when black Thursday
> > rolled around.
>
> The only cool VALinux boxes are the ones with the motherboard that
> you can use in conjunction with a Linux kernel option to have serial
> console.
>
> Bill

mmm, methinks that this will work with *any* motherboard that has serial
ports supported under the serial drivers in the OS.  Unless you are
referring to the POST output going to the serial port...  In which case I
know that the 440GX Intel OEM board supports it, and I think that most of
the high end (if anyone can call an x86 machine 'high end'...) server class
(if anyone can call x86 hardware 'server class'...) motherboards support it
if set up in the BIOS.  Although you'll still have to run it with a video
device (framebuffer) in it to get it to post...

George