[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 10:45:22 CDT 2001

I'm told that for health reasons, dry food should constitute the majority
of a cats diet.

So, my cat's diet consists of dry cat food (an extremely expensive
perscription kind that sets me back about 25 a month) with occasional
canned tuna (ie, I forgot to by him food, now the vet is closed for the
weekend), and quite a bit of milk and ice cream (everyone gives him bowls
to lick.  I just wish they would put the bowls on the floor first).  Plus
other minor treats from time to time (cheese, lunch meet scraps, etc).

By contrast, the only time the dog ever gets anything but food is when it
is the time of the month for his heart worm pill (wrapped in creem cheese)
or when he takes it (he will eat almost anything that is left on the
counter, even if you step out of the room for literally only a minute).

--
Joshua Boyd