[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 00:18:01 CDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, David Cantrell wrote:

> > But they seem to have caught on....  is anybody else sick of hearing the
> > Foobar Training Network's ads for "MCSEs make an average of $65k a year"?
>
> I'd better not take an MCSE then - my salary would go down :-)

This is too close to the truth for comfort....  I have refused to take any
computer exam/certs;  Doing so would instantly put a `cap' on what people
assume that I know;  And therefore lowing my worth.

That said; I'm considering a Cisco in the next year or so;  seems to be the
only one that actually *counts* for anything.  Mind you knowing every
core technology out there to byte level isn't exactly a `cap'!

Paul