[rescue] Cray J90s

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 14:53:19 CDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, David Michaud wrote:

> What I would like to know is the number of Cray-2's still intact, and...
> probability of availability (ie, acquisition). The last I had heard, the

Plan on reinforcing your floor, even if you don't manage to fill it up.
Those things were small and _heavy_.

The Cray-2 is a wonderful piece of history, but I think it ended up being
just a little too extreme for the time.  Costs were high and margins were
lower than for more conventional supers.  The small production run (21?)
didn't help matters.

-James [but DAMN did it look cool]