[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Les rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 13:11:00 CDT 2001

Initial costs to get into production compared to Novell
and/or Banyan had a fair amount to do with it also.
You could be operational with a 10 user (officially)  license AND
use the server occasionally as a workstation for less
than a grand. If you had 15 users it didn't stop you like
Novell did.
Another little feature that later disappeared, of course, was the
ability to share out to NT users the Novell server and only use
up one licensed connection on Novell.
(I guess you could also call that a form of marketing also, couldn't you?)
Les

From: "Brian Dunbar" <Brian.Dunbar at Plexus.com>

>  I like Linux...a lot, actually.  But frankly, the only thing that
will dispell any of the "not quite ready or prime time"-ness will be
the attention of a few dozen experienced programmers for a few months.
Not marketing efforts.

              -Dave McGuire<

hmm.  I'd submit that what catapulted NT3 and 4 above Novell / Banyan in the
last decade was exactly that - marketing efforts.

brian
rescue maillist  -  rescue at sunhelp.org