[rescue] Cray J90s

HAL 9000 rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 12:46:14 CDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

> Let's put it this way.  The J90 is now out of production, and it was
> the most plentifully produced Cray system.

While reading that, I had visions of HAL talking to Martin Amer in 2001;

   "Let me put it this way, Mr McGuire.  Even though the J90 series is
   the most plentiful Cray ever made.  No J90 computer has ever been
   de-installed or serviced by a non-Cray personel.  We are all, by
   any practical definition of the words, unobtainable, and too big for
   your basement."

                                   (o)