[rescue] Cray J90s

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 08:42:56 CDT 2001

There used to be (probably still is, but new ISP doesn't carry it) a news
group called alt.hackers.  Unlike other newsgroups with similar names,
this was a cool group in the MIT hacking tradition.

To keep out the clueless, the founders had carried out a news hack to make
it hard to post messages without a fairly deep understanding of how usenet
and nntp worked.  They called the secret procedure "waving the magic
chicken".

--
Joshua Boyd