[rescue] Free goodies (northern CA)

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 12 16:30:10 CDT 2001

>Ah..., Dawgs...

Another dawg story?  Most interesting dog we've owned has been a Catahoula.
Cattle dogs, hunting dogs, great pets, if you have acres for them to roam,
and can dedicate a lot of time when they're pups to obedience training.
They're too smart (well, this one was, and he's not atypical) for their own
good, and get odd notions of who should be boss if you're not careful.

This one was all about mothering the orphan kittens my daughter collects -
you'd think a huge dog would -object- to having kitties climb all over him,
but he'd squish into their box and mother them all he could.  He also used
to dunk himself in the horse trough on hot days and scare the beejezus out
of the horse  ...  damn I miss that dog, pain in the neck though he could
be.

brian (restraining a manful tear)