[rescue] Free goodies (northern CA)

James Fogg rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 12 13:28:29 CDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> Arleska (our Siberian Husky) has nailed several and never seems to get
> sprayed.  The fact that she seems able to go from zero to warp 9 in about
> a tenth of a second may have something to do with it.  Her favorite
> pastime is hunting gophers by crouching about 5 feet downwind of their
> holes and pouncing like a cat when they stick their heads up.
>
> Finding small dead animals in the back yard has come to be a way of life.
>
> Oh, and since I started this thread, let me point out that nobody has
> offered to pick up anything locally yet though I may be convinced to ship
> the VME chassis.

Huskies! Love 'em! Have three myself (down from four, had to say goodbye to a
15 year old grey alpha female). Now I have 2 reds (Sasha and Nikki-No-No) and
one black (Jacob Amos, the Amish Huskie). I could be easilly convinced to take
another grey. My mega-alpha red female is finally happy now that she's top dog
(had to keep her away from the grey, she tried to kill her any chance she got).

The grey would pounce like you descibe. My house in Pennsylvania had mice every
winter. We were treated to finding many flat mice dead in the house. She would
catch squirells too. The red alpha hunts anything (my cats aren't too happy, but
she isn't left unsupervised with them). She plays well with my smaller dogs (7
in all).

The freaky thing is at night when the coyotes are around and howling all the
Huskies will join in.

btw.. if I lived near you I would drive by with a truck and take anything you
offer, esp the monitors.

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!