[rescue] GDM-20D10, TGX revisited

John Eo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 12 12:23:25 CDT 2001

Hello to all.  Let me start by saying I am very new to everything
Sun (including this list), so please bear with me.

I just recently got a hold of Kodak Digital Processor 1000, which
I've been told is really a dressed-up SS5.  It comes with a lousy
VGA frame buffer (800 x 600 @ ~55Hz) and what appears to be a
printer port.  Right now it boots up to a screen that complains
about a missing touch screen (it used to be a part of a digital
photo edit kiosk), and I cannot get past it.  I have nothing else
for it right now other than a GDM-20D10 monitor I got from
Goodwill.

I would appreciate any help in the following area:

1. Will TGX work with SS5, GDM-20D10, and Solaris 8?  If not,
which frame buffer(s) will?

2. After I got the monitor, I realized it was supossed to come
with a remote control.  Where can I get one of them these days?

3. A coworker of mine also has a machine identical to mine, but he
has been unable to bring up OpenBoot with Stop-d using his type-5c
keyboard.  Any suggestions on how we can override whatever's on it
now and install Solaris, Linux, etc. ?

I noticed that similar topics had been covered a few years ago,
but none seemed to be specific enough.  I would very much
appreciate any help.

Regards,

John Eo

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net