[rescue] Free goodies (northern CA)

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 12 10:09:56 CDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, amy wrote:

> > Yeah, but dogs make their own messes.  First, there are the messes they
> > leave around the house when they are puppies, then there is the digging > in the trash.  And lets not forget the doors and flooring destroyed when > the dog is in a blind panic about being left home alone.
>
> you forgot the lawnmower (steel), the pool filter (high impact plastic
> stuff, glass,  5 lbs of diatomaceous earth), the old pool filter (pvc,
> fabric), the pool toys (styrofoam), the 300 dollar water bills where
> he's figured out how to turn on the outside faucet, the pool slide
> (fiberglass), the beach ball (plastic), the equipment (don't ask), the
> coax cable for the tv (plastic, wire), the concrete blocks holding up
> the antennae (cement), the mulberry tree (wood), his airline cable
> (steel), the dogloo(pvc), his 6'x 6' kennel(galvanized fencing), one
> door(particle board), a deck box (pvc), his water pot (5 gallon cheapie
> stock pot), and 40lbs of dog food a week.

Not!  Sounds like a dog that craves attention - or a puppy.  If you want a
dog, get a dog, not a puppy, and if you want a puppy, be warned that they
require babysitting just like any other kind of child :-)  I learned my
lesson long ago and last time got a dog (pitbull 3yrs old) from the
pound.  Fantastic dog, great and patient with kids and doesn't chew up my
house.  The only prob she has is she doesn't like to be confined in a
small room or area, and hates thunderstorms.  I can afford to have an
animal chewing on my computer equipment that I can t afford in the first
place :-)

-Linc.

--
 11:05am  up 54 days, 23:03,  4 users,  load average: 1.32, 1.18, 1.21