[rescue] P2 CPUs?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 23:44:16 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 12:26:08AM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> And what exactly do you plan to do that won't work fine in 32 megs?  All
> the games I've seen play just fine on my 16meg voodoo (the voodoo has
> never work satisfactorelly at anything but games by the way) at home and
> on 16meg TNTs at school.
> The reason that I want more memory on my next video card is because I want
> to be able to run 1600x1200x32bit double buffered, plus I want hardware
> acceleration on the image softare that I am extremely slowly working on.
> Current foot print requires at least 20 megs of ram on the video card, and
> soon it will rather enjoy having more to work with (as I add more
> features).

Only reason I'm upgrading the video card is for more speed; because a
GF2MX is *way* faster than a 1998-era Riva TNT. 8-)

her TNT does well now, though, but I need to get her something
faster soon.

Got a 32meg GF2MX in this TBird 700, and it kicks the crap out of my
"old" Matrox G450.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford