[rescue] Re: 4/600 memory, This is a TEST

Cookie rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 21:40:41 CDT 2001

-----==--=-=-=-=--=-==---==---===-==--==-=-=---===

   I have a 4/670 case (also thanks to Mike)
that has 2 501-1901  690MP  MEMORY EXP BOARDS
installed in addition to my main board.
    I have set all my jumpers per the FEH and
have the same problem.  I checked the jumper
settings on the VME backplane (they are special
for this type of board) and the positions of the
cards ( system must be in 6 and memory 0 in 4 and
memory 1 in 6 )
   The closest I have come to a boot is the point you
seem to have already hit.
   I can tell you that by wasteing 2 days or so in this
project I have tried just about every jumper combination
on the expansion boards and on the mainboard.
   When I upgraded my eproms to run quad hypersparcs
the new bridgepoint rom looked for 12 memory locations.
I am wondering if there is a prom issue.
   Feel free to e-mail me off list and I can give you a blow
for blow account of my battle sofar (I don't have my notes or FEH
with me)
Good Luck
Brian

--

		Cookie  =95
		800 652 5621
		cookie at tfs.net
		ICQ 29826792
		AIM u8acookie

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: PGP 6.5.2

iQA/AwUBOyWBOw38DsrazAN9EQJTyQCeKv1vlAi35B1Oqeb2HRe3iGjLSIkAnR88
gXPN39r1jHBE6CyvmUloIRNd
=IEMs
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----