[rescue] Free goodies (northern CA)

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 21:35:40 CDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Andrew Sydelko wrote:

> 6bone??? Wow, it's amazing the people you find tinkering
> with IPv6. I've been working on it since April '99 when
> a friend of mine suggested I play with it. I've so far set
> up the only node at Purdue University (the main computing
> center wants _nothing_ to do with it.) and have so far only
> had one staff member and two students ask about it.

I've had a full time connection since last year, or did until my service
was cut (Northpoint fallout).  Node FOONLY.  I also did some research with
it a few years back at USC/ISI.

MRT appears to be the current best bet for routing IPv6 with Solaris as
Zebra support is still lacking.  Combined with the IPv6 ipfilter support
it makes quite a nice package.  I'm trying to get a friend who runs a
smallish ISP to apply for a pTLA to get in at the ground level and tinker
with backbone routing.

-James