[rescue] Free goodies (northern CA)

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 19:54:11 CDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:55:40 EDT, dave at cca.org wrote:

>mrbill at mrbill.net writes:
>
>>On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 02:51:27PM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:
>>> -James [who else here wishes Sun had included, oh, HANDLES on the 450???]
>
>>Not me; I seriously injured myself (stretched the tendons in both wrists)
>>almost a year ago when helping a coworker "rackmount" an E450 with the
>>stupid rackmount kit Sun sells.  Spent at least a week in hard wrist
>>braces...
>
>When I racked my 4/380, I just put the rack on its back and mounted
>it that way, then flipped the rack up. (Half-height rack.)
>
>Not always a sane option, but sometimes a good trick.

Funny everyone is talking about racks - I plan on moving all my equipment from my
living room to my bedroom with those particle board racks they sell at Home Dustpot.
About 600-700 pounds worth of stuff.

Also, a general question, can you use the free version of Solaris 7 for commercial use, since you
can't really get it from Sun (at least not that I can see on their website)?
After looking at Solaris 8, I think it's way too bloated for me.

Paul