[rescue] Free goodies (northern CA)

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 18:50:51 CDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> That's Silly-Valley fire-sale pricing! I've heard rumours of fully-loaded
> A5200s for *gasp* $500.

Erk.

(actually, no part of this entire machine came from within 200 miles of
the silicon valley area).

> They do... when you screw in the PCI card cage and power supplies you can
> use the handles on those. If you get the rack-mount kits those have handles

No, you can't.  The mb handles break at about 125lb, and the power supply
handles deform at 175lb.  Ask me how I know.  :-/

(no, I didn't do it, but I royally chewed out the coworker who did)

> I *so* need some stick time on a dual proc E250 or E450 right now...

This baby will go up on the 6bone once I have a full-time fast connection
again.

-James