[Re: [rescue] RE: [SunRescue] OT: AS/400 stuff ]

Michael Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 17:47:18 CDT 2001

>Are they (The Dinosaurs) still running on 400Hz?  I thought that went aw=
ay a

  =

>Motor-Generators are a serious PITA.....

Hmm...I wonder if any of the frequency converters from the old Nike missi=
le =

air-defense sites
are still around, maybe for sale cheap. All the radar and computers for t=
hese
sites were 400Hz =

and they were set up all over the country, around major cities (Seattle h=
ad 11
sites alone, each
with several converters.) I figure there would have been over a thousand =
of
these things, and they
must have ended up somewhere. If anyone needs 400 Hz power, you may find =
useful link
somewhere on www.jps.net/ethelen/ =