[rescue] RE: [SunRescue] OT: AS/400 stuff

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 14:03:35 CDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Al Potter wrote:

> The P/390 P/370 should both be OK, as they were "just" cards in a (IIRC) 320
> series server.

The P/370 was definitely class A, or at least the one I worked with was.

320 class?  Are you thinking of the R/370?  Both were first-gen
microchannel.

> Are they (The Dinosaurs) still running on 400Hz?  I thought that went away a
> WHILE ago.....

"A while" is relative.  There were 400Hz boxes being sold into the 80's,
and some people here certainly collect and use equipment from that
vintage.

> If not, it would be a serious impediment to setting up a pen at home....
> Motor-Generators are a serious PITA.....

Water cooling is worse.  Fortunately there are a lot of aircooled 'frames
out on the market these days.

-James