[rescue] Re: Installing OpenBSD on a Sparc2

Simeon Johnston rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 13:59:44 CDT 2001

I just realized something.  Does the Sparc2 have a CPU module?  I have
never used one and only have experience with a Sparc10 which uses CPU
modules.  But this only has MBUS slots and I thought the CPU modules where
speacial connectors.
I don't have much experience with sparc's.
If it's a matter of no CPU than I can understand why it isn't working.
:-)
But as far as I know I got all the settings right for console access and
got nothing.

9600 BAUD 8N1.

The thing powers up and the HD spins (NO OS installed) but I can't get any
ouput over the serial connection.

Simeon Johnston wrote:

> I am finally getting around to installing OpenBSD 2.9 on that old
> SPARCstation 2.  I am trying to use a mac to install the OS but I don't
> know the settings.  I've tried 9600 baud and lower but didn't get
> anything from the sparc.  The console app is set to 8N1 and I know that
> is correct.
>
> I am plugged into the *A* DB-25 port and disconnected the KB and mouse.
> Should I pull the video card also?  Didn't think that mattered.
> I'll try pulling the vid card and the extra expansion card (SCSI,
> Ethernet and DB-25 port - that may be causing the problem also) and see
> what happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

sim