[rescue] Cray J90s

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 04:33:53 CDT 2001

Hello again,
    I sent off the last message right before recieving your long one on
vectorized processing.  I understand now, so essentially you are SOL in
terms of getting such a machine, no matter what the price, unless you get
lucky and get one that has not been wiped, or know the appropriate people.
Of the machines you find used, either Cray resells those machines later,
dumps them somewhere, or they were not under service contracts.  If most of
them are not set up properly upon resale, I am assuming that they are
machines that were not under service contracts, and that were improperly
disassembled.  Thanks a bunch for the info, I am completely unfamiliar with
this area of computing, though it is quite interesting.
    Zach Malone