[rescue] SparcStations and Serial Connectivity

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 10 18:37:06 CDT 2001

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C0F1E4.BB292FD0

Hello,
    I just purchased a SPARCstation 2 a short time ago off ebay.  =
Anyhow, I do not have the necessary equipment to hook it up to a VGA =
monitor, plus I dont have a Sun style monitor.  So I attempted to hook =
it up to a number of machines, I get no result when hooking up to a =
windows machine (may be a result of the null modem connector being =
flaky).  I read somewhere that Macintosh modem connectors would work, =
however, upon book of the SS2, my Mac shuts down immediatly.  Do you =
need special modem cables, or will any work?  For the people who said =
they had hooked up SS's to macs before, which cables did you use?
    Thanks a bunch,
    Zach Malone

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C0F1E4.BB292FD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>    I just purchased a =
SPARCstation=20
2 a short time ago off ebay.  Anyhow, I do not have the necessary =
equipment=20
to hook it up to a VGA monitor, plus I dont have a Sun style =
monitor.  So I=20
attempted to hook it up to a number of machines, I get no result when =
hooking up=20
to a windows machine (may be a result of the null modem connector =
being=20
flaky).  I read somewhere that Macintosh modem connectors would =
work,=20
however, upon book of the SS2, my Mac shuts down immediatly.  Do =
you need=20
special modem cables, or will any work?  For the people who said =
they had=20
hooked up SS's to macs before, which cables did you use?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>    Thanks a =
bunch,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>    Zach=20
Malone</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C0F1E4.BB292FD0--