[rescue] P2 CPUs?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 10 15:03:17 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 01:51:47PM -0500, Tugrul Galatali wrote:
> 	I can't believe these cpus sell for more than 20-30$ tops. A sizeable
> number of stores sell Duron 700s for <40$. Too bad a new mb+cpu will run
> 120ish

Yeah, I'd move her to an AMD board and CPU if I could get a KT7 or KT7E
and CPU for under $100.

> 	I also love the utter irony of dirt cheap Xeon's of that era. Too bad
> dual motherboards cost silly amounts of money from a quick overview of ebay.

Still, I'd prefer a Xeon over a normal P-II.

> 	Btw, what are you plugging this into? You said you were upgrading a
> windows box the last time. If your windows box is running anything <350 now,
> does the motherboard even support 100Mhz FSB, and is the memory PC100. Maybe
> a stupid question, but just thought I'm chime in about the FSB change
> 333->350.

Its running a Celeron 300A right now, a Socket370 chip in a "slotket"
adapter.  Motherboard is an ABit BH6, with two PC133 (board only needs
PC100; its a 66Mhz FSB) SDRAM DIMMs, 2 x 128meg.  Riva TNT 16meg AGP
video card, Maxtor 17.2gig IDE HD, DVD-ROM, CD-ROM drives, SBLive! sound
card, SOHOWare 10/100 tulip-chipset ethernet (PCI)...  I just need to
upgrade the video card and CPU.  Probably gonna put a GeForce 2 MX 32meg
AGP card in.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford