[rescue] net boot help

Valentine rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 10 12:04:01 CDT 2001

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:43:11 -0400 (EDT)
"Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

:: Alright.  I'm getting frustrated here.  What do I have to install a RARP
:: daemon on a linux machine? I haven't even been able to determine if this
:: is a kernel function or not.  I have an arp command, but not a rarp
:: command, and the arp command reports that my kernel doesn't support arp.
::

what kernel version do you have?
version 2.0 requires for the rarp protocol to be compiled
version 2.4 has a user level application

download it, then edit the /etc/ethers to contain MAC address and IP address pair

then you need tftp, afaik you've enabled it

cheers.
val.