[rescue] [OT] IBM PowerServer 340

Tugrul Galatali rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 8 14:08:54 CDT 2001

	Anyone know what I can do with this box?

	I plugged it in, and the three digit display settles on bouncing
between 223 and 229, which (from a operator manual I located) appears to
indicate that it doesn't have a valid install of the OS. Is AIX 3.2.5 still
considered "recent", or is there a version that will run on this box that
somebody won't mind zapping/selling me a copy of. I'm not ready to sink any
funds into the box, just thought it would be fun to get it going.

	It has no discernable video ports, so I figure it sports a serial
console. Its serial ports are the opposite gender of a sun serial port, so if
it does do serial console, is a gender changer enough or do I have to get
another type of cable. I plugged it in but nothing has come out. I figure the
machine does all the talking through the LCD until the OS is up.

	Tugrul Galatali