[rescue] RE: [SunRescue] OT: AS/400 stuff

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 7 23:22:19 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 08:06:06PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> I've heard about your house.  Never seen it unfortunatly.
>
> I've been told that some machines aren't supposed to be run in residential
> areas, according to the FCC.  Never heard of anyone really being busted
> for having crays at home.

My understanding is that in real terms you can run it, however, if someone
complains you MUST do everything needed to stop the interference it causes.

Note: if you build your PC yourself it is not FCC Class B either.  Only
complete systems (all components plus case) are certified Class B.
Otherwise it is assumed the device is Class A.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net