[rescue] Re: UNIX PC/3b1?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 21:37:02 CDT 2001

>What were the two that went to a museum?

   I donated to the Computing History Association of California (CHAC, which
sadly seems to have fallen off the face of the earth) a S100-based homebrew
system with a pair of 8-inch floppies, a Hayes S100 modem, and a bunch of
other interesting cards and documentation, and a Tektronix PDP-11-based
box. I donated the first because I realized that I was never going to have
enough time to learn about it to do anything with it, and the second because
I couldn't get it to work. *sigh*

   I'd still love to have a physically small PDP-11-based system, preferably
running something BSDish which groks Ethernet and TCP/IP, but I'm not sure
that such a system even exists.

   --James B.