[rescue] Re: [SunRescue] List charter change proposal

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 16:02:01 CDT 2001

Medusa still sells Falcon based machines.  See
http://www.kingx.com/kingx/medusa/

The Hades machine from Medusa uses a 68040 (or 060) and takes up to 1 gig
of ram (far cry from the 1-4 megs that came with the first falcons).  Of
course it uses PCI and SCSI and IDE.  Hearing reports of USB support
coming on next gen product.  I'd imagine that by now there isn't much of
the falcon left, although this machine does seem to boot from ROM still.

I've seen other, less radical, falcon based boards around as well.

I'm tempted at times to buy one, but I just can't see paying that much for
such a machine.  Still, to have such an updated 680x0 system would be so
cool (almost as cool as the Super Sun3 idea I mentioned awhile ago).

--
Joshua Boyd