[rescue] Re: [SunRescue] List charter change proposal

Peter Joules rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 14:57:59 CDT 2001

> > On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 04:23:56PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >
> > > Anybody have a problem with me changing the "official" list
> > > "charter" to apply to rescuing ANY systems, but being primarily
> > > geared towards Sun stuff?  We seem to topic-drift a lot. 8-)
> >
> > I think its a good idea.  The majority of us probably have other stuff
> > than just Sun hardware, and we ALL like to make the best use out of old
> > machines.

A comment from a lurker... Might it be a good idea to leave it roughly the same
but to tolerate the OT discussions within reason, as at present.

The logic behind this being that, this way, should you ever need to wave a big
stick at someone then it is easier to point out that things are getting
excessively off topic if the topic is strictly defined in the first place.  The
broader the net is cast to start with the more difficult it might be to tighten
up.

--
Regards
Pete