[rescue] Re: [SunRescue] serial cables

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 05:24:44 CDT 2001

dave at cca.org wrote:

> david at cantrell.org.uk writes:
>
> >My vt320 should be arriving in the next couple of days after taking a
> >leisurely tour of Scotland (thanks for nothing, Parcelfarce).  Now, what
> >cable do I need for connecting it to my SS1000e?  Straight-through, or
> >null-modem?  And is that the same as what I'd use for connecting it to
> >my SS2's serial port or my laptop?
>
> I think the vt320 only has an MMJ connector?

Nope, 25-pin male.

Now I find that I don't have any of the right cables, nor the right
combination of gender-benders and adapters.  Ho-hum, off to the cable shop.

--
David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie