[rescue] Re: [SunRescue] Catalyst 2100 switch

William Barnett-Lewis rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 20:40:42 CDT 2001

> On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 12:00:54PM -0400, G W Adkins wrote:
> > > Plug a modem into it and whistle 300 baud at it.
> > you people are sick.
> > I love it.
>
> I used to be able to whistle 300 baud good enough to make
> the other modem try to negotiate. 8-)

Man, I haven't tried that in years - and this is probably the only place
I'd admit trying to screw around with those acoustic coupler things
anymore...

> Anybody else *laugh* the first time they heard a 28.8
> handshake?  *bing-bong* *bingbong* *screech*

What!?!? you never heard whales mating before that?

> Bill (havent used a modem since .. oh . . '98?  unless you
>  count the one in the ThinkPad... and I still have my original
>  Hayes Smartmodem 300 in the original box..)
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> Austin, TX

Just retired my last modem when I got DSL at home.

Thank Ghu for small favors.

William
--
You better watch out    What you wish for;
It better be worth it   So much to die for.