[SunRescue] OT: AS/400 stuff

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 13:01:24 CDT 2001

VMis a real robust OS, that can work wonders without a client OS (VSE, MVS
or other) - *but* there is very little support for VM in commercial Apps. -
they tend to run under a client OS.

VM is *so robust* you can run another OS under it, but make no mistake, VM
is very useful. VM is the most likely way you would work on a low-end
"freak" machine like the departmental s/390s we are talking about here.

IBM *controls* the market, and has no reason to offer low-cost OSs.

Ken