[SunRescue] RE: My big honkin' 9 Gig drive

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 10:08:22 CDT 2001

I have not aggressively exercised my ( gig drive, really just pugged it in, did an OS install, then powered down the machine. In fact, the drive was not the boot device, I think I put /export/home on it...

I run Solaris.

I did not do any extensive testing beyond formatting a few partitions.

Yes they are the HiTechCafe SGI/IBM drives you wrote of earlier...

If there are issues with this drive, I have other uses for it, but would prefer that it work in my SPARCs...

Ken