[SunRescue] Catalyst 2100 switch

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 4 20:48:16 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 09:16:08PM -0400, James Sharp wrote:
> > good iea.. and then   "CONNET 19200"
> > back to the old days of BBS'ing, modem'ing, front end mailers
> Plug a modem into it and whistle 300 baud at it.

Found this online:

Wrong RS-232 Cable

A null-modem cable is needed when attaching directly to terminals or other
stations; a straight-through cable is needed when attaching to modems.
ATQ0H0 may appear on the terminal screen.

So in other words, the documents I saw were wrong.  Whups.  Now to find
a straight-through cable...  I'm using a nullmodem cable now.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net