[SunRescue] Aviion (was)OBP coolness

David Rouse rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 2 16:26:06 CDT 2001

On Saturday, June 2, 2001, at 02:12 PM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> (http://www.futurelooks.com/reviews/hardware/cases/lian_li_pc60/page1_frame.
> htm)
> review for another), but no really great cases.  But, if you don't use
> ATX, then chances are that the case will never be reused.

I see your point about having a good case that you could fit different
stuff in, but that one's a bit mechanist (?) for me. I guess I was
responding to the idea of ivory keys, handworked detailing, etc. I saw
one case that was orginally an old radio, dude fit everything in so that
the impact on the orginal look was minimal ... pretty nifty.

> Actually, I didn't like the Apple cube.  It looked cheap to me.  I
> haven't
> really like any of the recent Macs.

I actually haven't spent much time around a cube, and the tower cases
aren't thrilling but they are easy to get in and out of. Better than the
8100 or 9500 towers!

> The biggest computers
> that I found really, really good looking were the 20th aniversary Mac,
> the
> Next Cube (and slab to a slightly lesser extent), and the Thinking
> Machines CM-1 and CM-2 (the 5' cubes).

Well that I can agree with, although I haven't been around the Thinking
Machines at all.

--
David Rouse