[SunRescue] SGI USB Keyboards at Hitech

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 2 05:45:36 CDT 2001

Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 03:48:18PM -0400, Al Potter wrote:
> > I seem to remember the above being posted here a week or so ago.  I'm
> > wondering, has anyone got first-had experience with one of these, and if so,
> > can you assure me, or actually my PHB, that the SGI keyboard will work with a
> > PeeCee?
>
> I've been using mine for about a week and a half now.  Works *great*.

I would have bought one of those, except that they wanted EIGHTY dollars
for shipping.  That's just silly.  Actually, I've noticed that shipping
on plenty of small items, books being about the only major exception,
are outrageous from the US.  Whether this is a case of the USPS taking
the piss, or suppliers deciding to make their profit by ripping off us
Europeans I dunno, but the shipping charges are the sole reason hitechcafe
didn't get my custom and why cafepress doesn't get my custom either.

--
David Cantrell | cthulhu at unixbeard.net | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our "most advanced operating system
   in the world" which we decided to release incomplete just for a laugh