[SunRescue] Rack question...

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 1 16:06:06 CDT 2001

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 09:04:18AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > A relay rack is not the kind of rack I want/need - I am looking for a rack
> > to install servers/workatations in, not a fram for patch panels.
> > Thanks though,
> > Ken
>
> You want a cabinet, not a rack.

I ended up just taking 2 relay racks, spacing them appropriately, and
bolting them into place.  Cheaper than a nice cabinet and much much easier
to break down and move.

Plus, finding a real cabinet to mount my drive trays is hard, I'd need
something as deep as a 690 or SC1000 cab.  With a pair of relay racks you
can space any way you like.  If you're concerned about air ducting, get a
sheet or two of 4x8 plywood and cut to fit on the sides.

-James