[SunRescue] Bluescreen Zenness (was)RE: OBP coolness

James Fogg rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 1 07:54:00 CDT 2001

If a wintel boxen bluescreens on my network, do I care?

In my company we use RANTS (kinda like RAID).
Redundant
Array of
NT
Servers

If we run anything of importance on wintel (we must, software vendor hasn't
ported to solaris or linux) we install TONS of servers and use a load
balancer. When enough systems belly-up we mass reboot the fallen victims.

Fortunately, only one function requires wintel, otherwise we are a
dot-in-the-dotcom or a linux shop.

On Thu, 31 May 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 04:20:15PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > So tell me, when would the scan disk actually occur?
> > Ken
>
> "If a Windows box bluescreens in the woods and nobody's around to
>  see it, does anyone care?"
>
> 8-)
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> Austin, TX
	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!